12 April 2021 – 7pm
Join us as we give thanks and reflect on all God has done in the last year. Will include ACM report, financial summary and Life Centre progress update.
The CHS building will be closed during the lockdown.
We have left the building but we are still the church.
We are showing love by staying home to keep ourselves and others safe
We are showing love as we serve at checkout counters and in hospitals
We are showing love as we chat with a neighbour over the fence
We are showing love when call to check in on the vulnerable or alone
We are showing love as we share our resources with those whose wells have run dry
We are showing love as we pray
We lift our eyes above the waves
To the face of our Saviour and Lord
He is good
He is faithful
He is compassionate
He is Love
During the lockdown we will be:
- Praying – “My house will be called a house of Prayer”
- Sharing daily devotions (songs, testimonies and scripture) online
- Sharing resources for children and youth to worship and reflect
- Encouraging each other as we adjust to this new reality
Letter from Parish Rector and Team Leader Duncan McLea
Please click on the link below to read a pastoral letter from Duncan to all the churches of the parish. Duncan reflects on the lament of Psalm 137 as the people cry out… “How can we sing the songs of the LORD while in a foreign land?” (Psa 137:3)
- We have set up a CHS Staying Connected Watsapp group to keep in touch. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to it.
- We have also set up a CHS Support List of those who are vulnerable or might be in need of practical or pastoral support. Colleen, Judy Van Zyl, Lyn, Ros and Brendan will manage the list and track the needs and co-ordinate a response. Please email email@example.com or message Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of support or know who is in need of support.
A four week bible study led by Steven Copsey, on Wednesday evenings at 7.30 p.m. in the church. All welcome.
Week One – Wednesday 15 January 2020
Week Two – Wednesday 22 January 2020
Week Three – Wednesday 29 January 2020
Week Four – Wednesday 5 February 2020
A Ten Week course based on a George Whitfield College course.
Facilitated by Steven Copsey.
The main talks are available in the links below. Future sessions will be added to this page each week.
Unit One: The Bible – 17 July 2019 – Explore Bible Study – 1
Unit Two: Creation and Fall – 24 July – Explore Bible Study – 2 part 1
Unit Two: Creation and Fall – 24 July – Explore Bible Study – 2 part 2
Unit Three: Promise – 31 July – Explore Bible Study 3 part 1
Unit Three: Promise – 31 July – Explore Bible Study 3 part 2
Unit Four: Nationhood – 7 August – Explore Bible Study 4
Unit Five: The Kingdom Established – 14 August – Explore Bible Study 5
Unit Six: The Kingdom in Decline – 21 August – Explore Bible Study 6 part 1
Unit Six: The Kingdom in Decline – 21 August – Explore Bible Study 6 part 2
Unit Seven: Exile & Restoration – 28 August – Podcast not available
Unit Eight: Messiah – 4 September – Explore Bible Study 8
Unit Nine: Church – 11 September – Explore Bible Study 9 part 1
Unit Nine: Church – 11 September – Explore Bible Study 9 part 2
Unit Ten: Christianity – 18 September – Explore Bible Study 10 part 1 (Focus on Revelations)
Unit Ten: Wrap up – 18 September – Explore Bible Study 10 part 2
David helped set up Future Life ministries with CHS in Capricorn and Westlake. Since returning to Malawi in January David has settled at St Peter’s church in Lilongwe and been busy building partnerships and running youth Alpha, as he sets up Future Life in Malawi.
Click on the link below for an update from Malawi.
Please keep David in your prayers
Last Sunday Cat and the band shared a wonderful new song they had written reflecting on how God is at work in our community. Click on the links below to read the lyrics, listen to the song and hear a bit more about how if came to be.
“We really feel that this song was written by God as a message to us as a church right now in our current context. It is a culmination of various themes and issues we have been dealing with as a community such as allowing God to build his life in us, the true meaning of the Lord’s Prayer and discussions about being genuine in our worship and acknowledging the difficulties surrounding us. We pray that it will be a useful tool to encourage you to engage with Jesus, the giver of life, and seek after him whole-heartedly. “ Cat Lennox
Click below for lyrics of the song
Good Friday Service
30 March – 9:30am – 10:30am
1 April – 7:30am and 9:30am
Sat 02 Dec: Kirstenhof Community Carols & Christmas Market in Aandwind Park Kirstenhof
Fri 22 Dec: Children’s Christmas Service at CHS 3pm
Sun 24 Dec – Christmas Day – one service at 9.30am
Mon 25 Dec – Christmas Eve – two services @7.30am (without music) and 9.30am.
Sun 31 Dec – one service only – 9.30am
The Church of the Holy Spirit (CHS) has strategic position and established local relationships over many years. The CHS story began 18 years ago with the use of sacrificial giving to purchase the current property at the intersection of disparate communities in the south of Cape Town.
A church community was planted into the warehouse and adjoining farmhouse with a passion for healing and empowering people in relation to God and each other. CHS is growing in faith, diversity and compassionate
action in response to the many needs around.You are invited to join CHS in building a Life Centre in Cape Town’s Southern Peninsula.
This Life Centre will provide:
- A welcoming ‘home’ where all are valued as family and are reconciled to God and each other,
- A linking ‘hub’ to connect, network and partner with those with a similar call and passion,
- A resourcing ‘harbour’ to empower and equip communities to extend hope and compassionate action.
- Pray, our first priority as, together, we listen, ask God to lead and to provide;
- Be united in the commitment to build and to be built;
- Be an ambassador who will connect across your networks to resource and support the vision;
- Make a financial contribution to the expected build cost of R30million – as called and able, each according to means.
The bank details are:
Standard Bank of SA Ltd
Account Name: Church of the Holy Spirit, Kirstenhof
Account Number: 072546034
Branch Number 025109 (Claremont)
Prayer changes things.
Join us for 24 hours of prayer from 7PM Friday 15th September to 7PM on Saturday16th September.
Click here to book the prayer room for your hour prayer slot or if you are more of an extrovert join us to:
- SING (7pm Fri) – Sarah leading a time of worship to start the 24hours
- SOAK (8pm Fri) – Paul facilitating a time of soaking prayer
- STROLL – (3pm Sat) – Brendan and Brian will be leading a prayer walk from CHS
We will be using the boardroom next to reception as our prayer room so just ring the main doorbell when you arrive.
We will be specifically praying about how God is leading us as a church, for the building plans and for His kingdom to come in us and our communities.
‘It is written,’ he said to them, ‘“My house will be called a house of prayer,”