The CHS building will be closed during the lockdown.
We have left the building but we are still the church.
We are showing love by staying home to keep ourselves and others safe
We are showing love as we serve at checkout counters and in hospitals
We are showing love as we chat with a neighbour over the fence
We are showing love when call to check in on the vulnerable or alone
We are showing love as we share our resources with those whose wells have run dry
We are showing love as we pray
We lift our eyes above the waves
To the face of our Saviour and Lord
He is good
He is faithful
He is compassionate
He is Love
During the lockdown we will be:
- Praying – “My house will be called a house of Prayer”
- Sharing daily devotions (songs, testimonies and scripture) online
- Sharing resources for children and youth to worship and reflect
- Encouraging each other as we adjust to this new reality
Letter from Parish Rector and Team Leader Duncan McLea
Please click on the link below to read a pastoral letter from Duncan to all the churches of the parish. Duncan reflects on the lament of Psalm 137 as the people cry out… “How can we sing the songs of the LORD while in a foreign land?” (Psa 137:3)
- We have set up a CHS Staying Connected Watsapp group to keep in touch. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you would like to be added to it.
- We have also set up a CHS Support List of those who are vulnerable or might be in need of practical or pastoral support. Colleen, Judy Van Zyl, Lyn, Ros and Brendan will manage the list and track the needs and co-ordinate a response. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or message Colleen at email@example.com if you are in need of support or know who is in need of support.
Cat Lennox leads us in a short session of worship through songs and prayer
Message: “Jesus is with us in the boat – Brendan Fox – Luke 8:22-25”
CHS Response to Covid-19 – Lyn Vretos & Brendan Fox
Supporting Slides – COVID19
Supporting Slides – A Meal with Jesus – 2
Sermon – Luke 7:36-50 – Sydney Priester
Notices: Youth Suppers, Matthew Study Course, Missionary Prayer
Sermon: Prayer – Richard Fothergill
Supporting Slides 2020-03-01 Prayer Richard Fothergill
Closing Words – Richard Fothergill
Feedback – Future Talk Malawi – David Chirwa
Sermon: Prayer – Readings Mark 11:17 and Isaiah 56:1-8
Messages from Gordon and Judy at their final service at CHS.
Introduced by Brendan Fox and Closing Prayer by Murray Bridgeman
Note: We enjoyed this message during a period of Eskom Load Shedding and so no electronic sound but the message was effectively shouted. Thanks Katie
Reading: Numbers 13 v 25 – 14 v 10 & 14 vs 20 – 25