There’s been a definite theme over the last few weeks about waiting on the Lord, & as we do so, He will give us the strength, & an innermost joy, that we need so desperately – (Is 40: 28-31, Song – ‘Strength will rise’).
PRAISE POINTS: Help us Lord to turn every blessing back into praise to glorify your name!
- The first service at the new venue at the Sea Scout base was fantastic & nearly full – Brendan preached up a storm for the start of the new series (Dependant on the Spirit) – if you want some tips on pancakes, take a listen (link on website)!
- It was really good to see people in person again & have some ‘proper’ fellowship & chats!!😊
- A number of people who have been sick have been making great recoveries & fantastic progress. We are keen to get some short testimonies onto various media platforms which will be really encouraging!
- The building site coming on in leaps & bounds, huge difference from last week – the demolition & bulk earthworks contract should all be completed by 23rd Sept! Ready for the piling thereafter!
- Joy is in You – there’s still a picture on the side wall at the building site of animals in the Ark – one of which a monkey looking through a porthole with a huge smile on his face – totally dependent on the God, & smiling all the way, making the most of the journey! Let’s give Him thanks & praise!
PRAYER WALK: We split up went for a prayer walk around the site – mostly levelled & looking great – what a difference from last week’s swimming pool!
SONG: Came back & sang ‘Come Holy Spirit – Uthando’
- Flow, Living water, flow through us. We need your presence, power & our gifts to work in us.
- Prayed for the Parish Leaders
- We prayed especially for the leadership, for their protection, wisdom, provision & discernment.
- Knit & weave us together Lord, even as the foundations are being compacted & prepared.
- John 15:1-10 – Thank you that You Abide in us, help us to abide in you – the word Abide or remain appears eleven times in these ten verses – need this for bearing fruit. Compare with the theme about waiting on the Lord & strength & joy will arise as we do – these too are fruit & evidence that we can see in each other.
- Roger had a picture on Sunday about a snowy scene that was coming into spring – we are going into a new season – the snow is beginning to melt – water beginning to flow, brings with it new life … also washes away that which is not of Him.
- We are hungry & humble before You, without You we can do nothing, we are dependent on You Lord – Lead & guide us as we journey on & do life together.
- FROG acronym – Fully Reliant on God!
There are times for each season – just as the building is coming along, sometimes feels slow, so are we being built, as living stones …. You’re the Builder Lord …. from glory to glory ….
You’re the God of the impossible…
We ask for a Spirit & gifts of wisdom, discernment, your anointing breaks the yoke.
Hope is in You…
Protection is in You – Ps 91
Let’s go out & serve The Lord, in His strength, with His joy, in His timing, with His Love!😊